Wills, Estates, and Powers of Attorney
Our wills & estates lawyers have the range of experience you need to handle all types of estate planning, estate administration and estate litigation matters. Whether you need a simple will and powers of attorney, a complex estate plan, basic estate administration advice, or in-depth assistance navigating a thorny estate, our lawyers are here to help you.
Estate Planning (Wills, Trusts, and Powers of Attorney) and Estate Administration
We develop estate plans for simple and complex estates which address client concerns regarding income taxes, probate taxes, beneficiaries receiving Ontario Disability Support Program benefits, and asset protection. We advise attorneys for property and personal care regarding their duties and obligations. We regularly advise executors regarding administration of estates, and in some cases handle most aspects of the administration on behalf of the executor.
With our breadth of experience in estate administration, combined with litigation experience, we are well positioned to assist clients with respect to complex estate administration and litigation matters, which can include:
- Claims against attorneys for property or estate trustees who have acted improperly;
- Will challenges;
- Applications to appoint a guardian of someone who is incapable of managing their personal care or property;
- Preparing or objecting to accounting records of attorneys for property or estate trustees;
- Elder financial abuse;
- Applications to Court to interpret confusing or inconsistent Wills; and/or
- Support claims against an estate made by their dependants.
To discuss your estate planning or estate administration needs, please contact our office or one of our trusted estate lawyers directly.